Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sour Cream Enchiladas

I am so excited to try some of these new recipes that you have all put on here. I made these sour cream enchiladas the other day for the first time and everyone liked them. They are really quick and easy.

Ingredients:
12 whole corn tortillas
canola oil for frying
1 can enchilada sauce (20 oz.)
2 cups sour cream
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
1 cup slice green onions
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together sour cream, green onions, 1 1/2 cup grated cheese, cumin, cayenne pepper.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Heat enchilada sauce in a separate skillet or saucepan.
Using tongs, fry tortillas one at a time, for only about 5 to 10 seconds per side (don't allow to crisp.) Remove from oil, then dunk tortilla in enchilada sauce. Lay tortilla on a plate, then spoon a good 2 or 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture in the middle. Roll tortilla and place face down in 9x13 pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Cover with remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 min.

FYI- When I made this I was out of cumin so I left that out and they tasted fine. Also, I used flour tortillas instead of corn and I did not cook them in oil at all. I also did not heat up the enchilada sauce before I dipped the tortillas in them . Hope you like them as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. This was yummy! I added some chopped rotisserie chicken to please the man......

    ReplyDelete