Sunday, August 8, 2010

Recipe Blog

Hi sisters, I thought it would be fun to have a Knight Girls recipe blog. We can share different recipes we try that our families like. I love to cook, but sometimes get in a rut. I would love to know what kinds of things you guys are cooking for your families. I know for me, I am much more likely to branch out and try a new recipe if I know someone has made it before. If you are wondering about the title of the blog, it's a funny story. When Kasey was about 2 years old, Jeff and Nicki were so kind to babysit one night so Matt and I could go out. When they were eating dinner they were trying to get Kasey to eat what they were having, I think it was lasagna. Well Kasey being the very picky eater that she was, did NOT want to eat it. But, Nicki and Jeff persisted and convinced her to try it. She took a bite and said "It's not yucks, it's just yum!" (did I get that right Nick?) What a revelation! Sometimes I still have to remind my kids to just try new things that I cook..sometimes the things that they think will be YUCKS turn out to be YUM!
So please post ANY and all of your tried and true recipes, or any new recipes you try.

5 comments:

  1. I like it!! I would LOVE to have some new recipes. I am a baby when it comes to cooking, and finally have the time to do it, so please please share lots of good stuff. Thanks Jaime for making this blog, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Jaime..maybe I will start cooking again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about this blog. I am looking forward to eating something other than spaghetti, tacos and stroganoff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, I am excited to see all the fabulous recipes!

    ReplyDelete