Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Banana Bread

I have searched for a good banana bread recipe and I think this is the best one! I got it from my friend Kacey.

Mash 4 ripe bananas (set aside)

in a small bowl put 1 cup yogurt (any flavor) You can also use sour cream instead of yogurt
add 2 tsp. baking soda to the yogurt, stir and let it foam

in mixer, cream 1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 eggs

add banana mixture and 1 tsp. salt, mix
add yogurt and 2 1/2 cups of flour (fold in)

makes 2 large loaves or 4 mini
bake at 350 for 50 minutes

*I like to make a couple batches of banana bread for my kids lunches. I cut it into slices and put each piece in a sandwich bag and stick them in the freezer. Then I can throw them in their lunches and it is easy, and so much healthier then a store bought dessert.*

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to try this- it will be soon bc my bananas are getting quite ripe!

    ReplyDelete